Monday, November 3, 2008

VOTE Day!

So today is vote day and I VOTED. My dad claims himself to be a Republican so last election he voted for Bush. As an ignorant child, I also voted fro Bush because my dad brainwashed me. I was very ignorant about who I voted for and I voted for the sake of voting (but I presumed my vote didn't count anyways.).

This election is different, I'm educated about the political world and who the candidates are. I'm not voting for Obama because he's a minority, I'm voting for him because I only have two choices. I don't want the war to continue nor do I want another Bush to run the country, thus that's why I'm voting for Obama. At the same time, I like many of the possible solutions Obama has to offer to America. I'm not categorizing myself as a republican or democrat, but simply a humane liberal. However; hypothetically speaking, even if I wasn't to vote, we all know that California is a democratic state. Therefore, even if I don't vote---in theory, which has been consistently proven,---- California will nonetheless still go to the Democratic.