Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A day in the Life....

Currently: Munchin' my Krispy Kreme and listening to some John Mayer.

Okiee Dokiee...

Tuesday November 25th, here in Korea.

8 am: Wake up and get ready for work.

8:30 am: Leave my apartment and walk to work. Get to School by 8:40 am (my usual schedule).

9 am: First class starts. Teach until 12:10 pm. Each class lasts for 40 min with a 10 min break in between.

12:10 pm: go to lunch. Time for another day of rice, kimchi, and some nasty Korean stew. If I lose my good appetite when I get back; I'm blaming Korea.

1 pm: Last class of the day. (I normally teach 4-5 40 min classes on a daily basis.)

1:40 pm: class ends. Work on lesson plan or any work that needs to get done. ( I normally just surf the web)

4:40 pm: Go home.

So that's my typical weekday, but today I ran some errands after work.

Today...

5 pm: caught the subway to the DMV.

5:15pm: Got to the DMV and asked the foreign license department if I could exchange my US driver's license for a Korean one. FYI: I'm doing this not because I want to drive in Korea, but the deceiving corporation of T-mobile says that I have to or else they will charge me the full termination fee for my mobile account, which will cost me close to $500. And if I don't pay, they'll send me to collection, even though I already sent them another form of verification, which they claimed to be insufficient....Anyways, long story....

5:45 pm: got everything done at the DMV, but have to go back tomorrow to take a darn test!

6 pm: Stopped by Krispy Kreme and bought a dozen of delicious donuts.

VERY PRODUCTIVE day. And you know what? You don't need to speak any Korean to get things done around here. Everyone speaks English. That I like. And oh, one of my students taught me a new way to sport my Korean scarf. Yay!

Tomorrow: Go to work. leave work around lunch time to get my stitches remove. FYI: I got two of my wisdom teeth extracted a week ago and it was a very pleasant experience, not as catastrophic as I'd imagined it to be. After that go pay my bills at then bank then go take the test at the DMV and hopefully get my license.

Now it's 7 pm. Get ready for a nice warm shower and then study.