Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sep 8, 2008, 8: 55pm Email to Cherri

An email I wrote to Cherri answering her question.

Yeah I went out to the club with a bunch of my new friends that I met at the orientation, it was fun. Ppl here don't sleep early, the clubs don't close until ppl leave. The subway station closes at 12am so ppl normally hang out all night until the subway opens back at 5:30 am. That's what we did, lol. But I ended up sleeping at one of my ex-roommates place cuz my place was an hr away from the center of the station. I caught the subway back home in the morning. ppl also have the option of taking taxi, but for us foreigners it not safe to take it by ourselves. Yeah it's interesting here. Ppl seem to be living it up. I do miss home though. New friends are never the same as old friends.

oh guess what, it appears that I'm the youngest teacher at my school so I have to bow to everyone. I hate this whole bowing thing. Why can't I just give a simple strong handshake. I guess this is Korea... Kay class is starting again...gtg...my last class of the day. I'm in the classroom emailing u right now.

Much Love,
Dara