Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sep 3, 2008. 9:55pm My discovery

Watching Korean TV: Channel 27.

Okay so I went on a little mission today to try and find a usb cord for my samsung digital camera. Considering Korea looks very similar to Japan, with all of their technology device and buildings very well lit, I thought it would be a simple task. So after work, I walked down the street in downtown No-won gu by myself trying to find this item. I think I walked for a good mile and surprisingly enough, I did not find not one electronic store. I did however, pass by numerous cell phone stores. Korean market mainly consists of food and clothing. I was in deep shock when I couldn’t find an electronics store.

New information, I found out today about the Korean writing style. Most Koreans do not like to cross their number 7s, and their number 4s are normally closed at the top. It looks exactly like how I typed it. I found this out when I went to open a bank account with my colleague and the teller couldn’t read my numbers. These people are so meticulous.

One other thing I found out was, Koreans do not say excuse me when they sneeze or bless you when some else sneezes. And when they have a cold or cough, they normally wear a white mask around their face like the picture below....interesting...

Guy wearing a cold mask in Korea