Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sep 4, 2008. 10:55pm More discoveries

New information: when I watch Korean dramas, I always wonder why Koreans would wrap the item they purchase in a large handkerchief, now I know why. It's because bags are not free, you have to pay 100 won=10 cent; however, at a fast food, ketchup is free. As oppose to Italy, you have to pay for every little thing including water.

So today I wanted to go buy some English books in central Seoul, so I set up a time with my colleague to show me how to take the subway. I got to the meeting destination 5 minutes late and she wasn't there so I assumed she left.

I was starting to become frustrated about always having to wait for someone to take me around, so I hopped onto the subway by myself. Mission accomplished, because I got to the bookstore and bought what I needed. It was not difficult at all because the station names were in English and I had a map with me. Below is the t-money card you have to use in order to enter the subway station, or you can add money to your cell phone and use that instead...interesting..oh btw subway here is very cheap. The distance from Oakland to SF is only 1000 won= $1
Guy wearing a cold mask in Korea