Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Experience is the best Teacher."

"Experience is the best Teacher."-Slumdog Millionaire is a great example of this saying.
It makes me want to go visit India even more now after seeing this movie.

And...."Travel is a classroom without walls."-somewhere

new song:: Fall for you by Secondhand Serenade.

I am extremely lethargic to write about my experiences in Japan and Thailand,
but I figure I should if I want to practice on my writing. Writing is most likely
the best idea right about now considering I have all the time in the world at this
very moment.

Today is my first day back at work since spring break. I'm sitting at a
desk browsing through random websites and blasting today's hottest hits in my
ears. Today feels like the beginning of everything again. New classroom, new co-workers, new air. My previous co-teacher got transferred to Singapore thus I am stuck here alone again with everything "NEW" to digest.

Six months have passed since I've been to Korea. While current events at
home appear to be the same, my life here has shifted dramatically. Within
a period of only 6 months, I feel that my wisdom level has risen
enormously. Before I left the Bay Area, I was still a kid. Not wanting to grow up and not wanting to imprison myself behind the world of 9-5; trapped in a charade of liberty only to find myself surrounded by capitalism in the form of status quo, I ran. However, now I can honestly say that I am READY to become an
adult. However, no matter how far the journey of life will take me, I will
always and forever be a kid at heart. In addition to the many aspects of my adventurous life, I still feel like the same person I was six months ago. A skinny southeast Asian oriented gal raised in the ghetto with a passion for food seeking knowledge in a world so far fetched than her society could even imagine, walking through the path of life with strong virtue and traditional beliefs instilled in her is "WHO I AM".

So what's next after this? I know what's next. Just give me some time and I'm sure I can make it happen.

The finale of Thailand.

It is Friday February 25th 2009. We had just arrived back to Bangkok. This will be my last night in Bangkok along with one of my other friends. My other friend on the other hand will be staying for another night. At the sight of our quick landing, we scouted for a taxi and immediately made our way to our 5 minute distance hotel.

To be continued...