Sunday, December 21, 2008

Korea, the land of love, happiness, and giving...24/7

GIVING
-I bought an eyeliner, they gave me free cotton and some lotion.
-I was waiting in line at Kirspy Kreme and they gave me a free donut. ( I tested this theory out at 3 different Krispy Kreme locations and all 3 gave me a free donut just for waiting in line. Of course they are expecting you to buy something.)
-I got my hair done, they gave me a mini-pocket brush/mirror.
-I bought a cake from Paris Baguette, they gave me a free Christmas hat.
-I went to a spa, they gave me free coffee.
-My friend bought a laptop, they gave her free computer accessories.

LOVE
-Every holiday here is a couple's holiday. Christmas is for couples, Thanksgiving is for couples. Korea is a couple's country.

HAPPINESS
-Everyone here are so well-behaved.
-Very honest people. seriously
-Haven't seen or heard of any local crime yet.
-Koreans are ALL about being "CUTE".

My Confirmed stereotypes of Korea.
-Every Korean in Korea brushes their teeth 3 times a day. The theory has been proven.
-It's like all Koreans have the same personality.
-Everyone is very fashionable, but it's all the same fashion.
-People here eat, think, sleep, and look alike. There's seriously no diversity.
-All Korean guys are whipped by their girls.
-All Korean guys and girls are self-absorb.
-They do everything by the book. i.e if it's not summer, they won't go to the beach even if it's a warm fall/winter. BUT when it's winter, Korean girls wear skirts.
-Korea is a hat and black tights country as oppose to America (demi-blue jeans and a white tee).
-There's no such thing as a personal space in Korea.

The giving part I like. And don't get me wrong cause I love Korea, but this heaven-like place is starting to annoy me in some ways.
Everything here is SO SWEET Literally. The candy, the food, the people, the clothes, even their chili. The food are spicy in a sweet way, can't really explain it. Where are the rest of the flavors.

Korea reminds me of the movie The Stepford Wives.

Something very random: Cigarettes here are ONLY two bucks.